03 March 2022

Can I Have a Quick Word and Other Inanities Uttered in Workplaces


 Things often heard in workplaces:

“I’m gonna grab some lunch.”

“Can I have a quick word?”

“We’re gonna have a quick meeting.”

“I’m having to do a little catch up.”

“First we need to do a little housekeeping.”

“Just a few quick announcements.”

“Can I grab that off your desk real quick?”

"How is everyone today?"

“I just need to make a real quick copy.”

“I’m gonna grab a coffee, you want one?”

"Good weekend?"

“Sorry, I’ve gotta take this call.”

“I look forward to hearing all about your trip.”

“He just stepped away for a minute.”

“She’s not at her desk right now.”

"I'm way behind on my emails."

"Who signed off on this?"

"Hey, it's Friday!"

“I’ve gotta make a quick trip to the bathroom.”

“I just need a hot minute.”

“He’s out today.”

“Can’t. I’m right in the middle of something.”

“You caught me at a bad time.”

“I’ll have to get back to you on that.”

"It's been crazy around here all week."

"Have a good one."

“There’s some pastries in the break room, grab one.”

“I’m going to decapitate Jane in accounting.”

“There’s a live badger in the reception area.”

“Please don’t defecate on the copy machine.”

“We’re excepting a shipment of dildos any day now.”

“The wharf rat casserole is excellent.”

“Martin Heidegger’s groundbreaking work in ontology and metaphysics determined the course of 20th-century philosophy on the European continent and exerted an enormous influence on virtually every other humanistic discipline, including literary criticism, hermeneutics, psychology, and theology.”

“Dude, I’m totally fucking wasted.”

No comments: