Why do I run on the treadmill at the gym rather than on the streets of our fair city?
* Less risk of getting hit by a car. Cars tend not be within the walls of the YMCA.
* No occasion to stop at an intersection bouncing up and down while waiting for a light to change.
* No risk of hostile dogs.
* Much less wear and tear on feet and knees.
* Don't have to worry about startling or grazing pedestrians.
* Am able to monitor number of calories burned, adjust speed and incline, accurately track time and distance with the greatest of ease.
* Can stretch on comfortable mats before and after run and after have a weight room at my disposal then a sauna.
I hope that addresses any lingering questions about why I run at the treadmill in the gym.
As for why run or workout in the first place, the answer to that is simple: because it feels so good when I stop.