15 December 2020

Streams of Unconsciousness Survey Results are in and They'e Fascinating


The answers to the recent Streams of Unconsciousness survey have been tabulated and I’d like to thank all of you who participated. We received hundreds of thousands (give or take) of responses from all over the world. Below you will see the questions I asked followed by the three most common responses with the percentage of people who so responded. Your participation in this survey will help me improve the content and format of the blog in the months and years to come. Thank you! (And congratulations to our prize winner 
Nebuchadnezzar O'Leary of  Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. He's the respondent whose name was drawn at random. We'll be sending him a $100 gift certificate good for merchandise at our gift shop -- redeemable on-line or in person at the store.)

How often do you check for new blog posts?

61% Daily

17% Several times a day

11% Every few years


Where are you most likely to be while reading the blog?

24% My penthouse

11% A coffee shop

9% Panic room


How did you first hear about the blog?

22% Televised Senate Hearings

16% Ad in Sunday New York Times

10% I know you and you never shut up about it


My favorite thing about reading this blog

91% Finishing reading a post and closing the goddamned page

3% The author’s wit

2% The author’s insights


What is your favorite item at the Streams Gift Shop?

27% Codpieces

22% Top Hats

18% Lederhosen 


I would recommend this blog to someone if

49% I hated them

49% If a gun was pointed to my head

2% If I was drunk off my ass


The social media or website I use the most is

32% Tinder

22% Grinder

16% Suicide Hotline


What food are you most likely to be eating when you read this blog?

13% Lobster

9% Scones

5% Badger meat


What field do you work in?

17% Education

15% Organized crime

11% Whaling


Reading this blog is most comparable to

26% An orgasm

18% Root canal

9% Trying to sleep while in the middle of a drum circle


The blogger’s writing style reminds me of

27% F Scott Fitzgerald

22% A second grader

19% Badly translated hieroglyphics


My favorite type of posts are

31% Film reviews

20% Political commentary

18% Orgy etiquette guides


If I should ever meet the blogger I would

44% Let him have his way with me

33% Ask him what his problem was

22% Run like hell


The humor posts on this blog are

51% Hilarious

22% Reminiscent of the best comedic minds of all time

20% Some of these posts are supposed to be funny?


I keep coming back to this blog because

44% It’s so good

31% I’m psychotic

15% The free munchies!


If you’re a premium member, what is your favorite benefit of premium membership?

34% Exclusive content

20% Discount at gift store

19% Solid gold membership card


My favorite weekend activity is

26% Fox hunts

19% Performing Gregorian chants

10% Self-flagellation


My favorite form of government is

31% Social democracy

22% Absolute monarchy

17% Mob rule


A typical Saturday night activity for me is

27% Attending a seance

24% Visiting my local opium den

22% Taking in a cock fight


I get most of my news from

31% News sites on the internet

22% A local gadfly

14% Emails my racist uncle forwards


My recommendation to the blogger is that he should

50% Keep up the good work

39% Bow out gracefully

10% Get back on his meds

No comments: