10 March 2010

I've Got A Lot to Say, Just Not Right Now I'm Swamped


I have to write here. I have to catch up on French homework. I have to catch up on my Second Language Acquisition course homework too. I've got a book I need to finish reading because I've got four or five others I'm dying to get to. I've still got two DVDs I received for my birthday that I've not yet viewed and a couple others I purchased last month I've yet to watch. Plus I've got two from Netflix* gathering dust. Meanwhile that novel isn't writing itself.


One thing I've learned in life is that, generally speaking, you can only do one thing at at time. You prioritize. I've got my French class in a couple of hours so must do a little work for that first. But there all those blog posts I've planned that are sitting around in my brain waiting to be written. Believe me, this isn't one of them. What you're reading now is my sorry attempt to make myself feel better about not having written much lately. 


I know, I'm quite a lucky man to have such a rich life with books, movies, classes, studies and the like to fill my hours. So I'm not really complaining (Really? Then what are you doing?). 


I have some deeply profound things to say and some really silly ones. I've got wry observations to share and pithy remarks and well thought out concepts to explore. I've got suggestions, rejoinders, bon mots, comments, ravings, diatribes, opinions, facts, data,  and information to pass on. I've got a lot to say and no time in which to say it.


I've got more to learn, more to explore, more to consider, more to wonder about and more to be exposed to. I've got more to watch, listen to, feel and contemplate.


I want to surmise, suppose, speculate, spout, state, shout, suggest, spew, send and sermonize.

I want to conceptualize. I want to create. I want to conjure. No time! Conundrum!


I want to share. With you, dear reader. And those of you with blogs of your own (you know who you are). I want to catch up with what you've been saying. So many smart, interesting, entertaining, amusing, insightful people out there with so much to say. You inspire! You illuminate! You galzanie! You imbue! You excite! You inflame! You influence and you provoke. No joke.

I want to write me and read you (huh?).


I want to go back and time and watch Novak and Hitch (pictured above) on the set of Vertigo (1958).


I want to satisfy anyone whoever stumbles across this blog that though I write for me I think of you. When I'm not going on about nothing/everything (like today) I often have an insight or two about films. I'm so thrilled that some people have watched and enjoyed films based on my blatherings. 

I'll be back with more and better soon. For my sake. For your sake. "For the sake of the children!"

I leave you now (to finally get to my French) with this film quote: "I've got to stay here, but there's no reason why you folks shouldn't go out into the lobby until this thing to blows over." - Groucho Marx in Horsefeathers (1932).


* Yes, I'm with Netflix now, our locally owned video store went out of business. More on that another time.

No comments: