24 August 2016

Free Essay Questions and Writing Prompts for Teachers -- You're Welcome


Dear fellow teacher: Have you ever been writing a test but you just can't come up with that last essay question? Or have you used all of your writing prompts and need something new? Believe me, I've been there. That's why I'm so proud and happy to offer you some proven questions that can serve as essay questions or writing prompts. These are some of the best that I've used in my 30 years of teaching. The great thing about most of these is that they can be used at multiple levels, from middle school through graduate programs. They also can be applied to virtually any subject. English courses particularly can benefit from these questions but so too can other disciplines such as history, science, philosophy, psychology, ESL, sociology and more. Best of all I'm offering these free of charge. If you'd like, drop me a line after you've used one and let me know how well it went. No, thank you.

What is a life goal you most want to achieve?

What do you think the world will be like in ten years?

Hey, how’s it going?

What’s your deal?

Just exactly where do you get off?

Are you fucking serious?

Did you hear that noise? What the hell is that?

Seen any good movies lately?

Is that a new shirt?



Working hard or hardly working?

Have ya got a second?

Whattaya been up to?

Will ya look at that?

Any plans for the weekend?

Can I see that for a second?

What are you supposed to be?

Wait, what did he say?

Are they real?

Where you been keeping yourself?

What kind of nut are you?

Is that supposed to be funny?

Are you going to eat the rest of that?

How ya getting home?

Can I offer you anything?

What are you lookin' at?

Have you consulted a taxidermist?

Do you use a stool softener?

Is that your natural hair color?

What the hell are you talking about?

Have a nice trip last fall?

Would you like more brussel sprouts?

What the....?

What can I do ya for?

Huh?

1 comment: