25 November 2021

What I'm Grateful For This Thanksgiving


It’s time for my annual (except in the years I don’t do it) Thanksgiving gratitude list. If I should be grateful for you and you don’t find yourself on this list, I apologize.

I am grateful for my wife and children, my nieces, nephews and their significant others and children. 

I am grateful for The Arsenal Football Club. 

Much gratitude for the University of California Golden Bears football (we’ve got the Axe!) and women’s basketball teams. 

I am grateful for Seth Myers and everyone at the Late Show. 

Many thanks to Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez and everyone who makes Only Murders in the Building possible. 

Much gratitude to the cast, crew and creators of Succession. 

I am grateful for John Oliver and his terrific program, Last Week Tonight. 

I am grateful for Hulu. 

I am grateful that movie theaters are open again. 

I am grateful that those theaters and so many other places I go insist on proof of vaccination and that patrons wearmasks. 

I am grateful for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and all the other progressive in government who — against great odds — are trying to make the U.S. a better place to live for everyone. 

I am grateful to my friends. 

I am grateful that I am a dual citizen and that one of my citizenships is with Finland. I am grateful for Finland. 

I am grateful for the Criterion Channel and for Turner Classic Movies. 

I am grateful for the San Francisco Giants. 

I am grateful for all the stores, shops, restaurants that continue to provide us with nourishing and delicious food and to all the people who supply the food. 

I am grateful to bookstores and their suppliers. 

I am grateful to authors past and present. 

I am grateful for musicians. 

I am grateful for journalists. 

I am grateful for activists all over the world who are fighting for equal justice and are championing the oppressed and disadvantaged. 

I am grateful to those who fight the moneyed powers that be. 

I am grateful to NBC Sports for their continuing coverage of the English Premier League. 

Many thanks to Bay Psychiatric Associates for, through the use of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, virtually curing me of my depression. 

I'm grateful for the people who have enjoyed my novel -- Threat of Night -- published earlier this year as I'm thankful to those who have stopped by this blog. 

I'm thankful for the health and love and kindness and joy that I have experienced this past year.

No comments: