19 July 2020

Hey Look, Everybody! It's Another Edition of Film Quotes

A Night at the Opera
Of course, that's why I'm sitting here with you. Because you remind me of you. Your eyes, your throat, your lips! Everything about you reminds me of you. Except you. How do you account for that? If she figures that one out, she's good. -- Groucho Marx as Otis B. Driftwood in A Night at the Opera (1935).

Hey, you! Manager! Fucker! Don't get ideas. I bark. That man there.
See him? He bites. -- Al Pacino as Sonny in Dog Day Afternoon (1975).

We're the victims of a foul disease called social prejudice, my child. These dear ladies of the Law and Order League are scouring out the dregs of the town. Come on. Be a proud, glorified dreg like me. -- Thomas Mitchell as Doc Boone in Stagecoach (1939).

You wanna boycott someone? You ought to start with the goddamn barber that fucked up your head. -- Robin Harris as Sweet Dick Willie in Do the Right Thing (1989).

He is always very depressed. I think that if he'd been a successful criminal, he would have felt better. You know, he never made the 'ten most wanted' list. It's very unfair voting; it's who you know. -- Louise Lasser as Louise in Take the Money and Run (1969).

I need him like the ax needs the turkey. -- Barbara Stanwyck as Jean in The Lady Eve (1941).

We spent the whole night talking things over. And for what? I'm so tired and depressed. Disgusted and confused. What can I say? There are times when holding a needle and thread, or a book, or a man - it's all the same. -- Monica Vitti as Vittoria in L’Eclisse (1962).

I know I'm different, but from now on I'm going to try and be the same. -- Barbara Streisand as Judy in What’s Up Doc? (1972).

Every act of preservation is an act of creation. Everything preserved renews creation. It's how we participate in creation. -- Ethan Hawke as Reverend Toller in First Reformed (2017).

Sweet Smell of Success
Way up high, Sam, where it's always balmy. Where no one snaps his fingers and says, "Hey, Shrimp, rack the balls!" Or, "Hey, mouse, mouse, go out and buy me a pack of butts." I don't want tips from the kitty. I'm in the big game with the big players. My experience I can give you in a nutshell, and I didn't dream it in a dream, either - dog eat dog. In brief, from now on, the best of everything is good enough for me. -- Tony Curtis as Sidney Falco in Sweet Smell of Success (1957).

If he had guts to knock Mom cold once, then maybe she'd be happy and then she'd stop picking on him. Because they make mush out of him! Just mush! -- James Dean as Jim Stark in Rebel without A Cause (1955).

George Washington shoulda' chopped this house down instead of the cherry tree! -- Hattie McDaniel as Hester in George Washington Slept Here (1942).

Just remember, beautiful, everything gets old if you do it often enough. So if you want to find out about monotony real quick, marry Duane. -- Ellen Burstyn as Lois in The Last Picture Show (1971).

That man is a head taller than me. That may change. -- Klaus Kinski as Don Lope de Aguirre in Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972).

Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours. -- Kate Winslet as Clementine in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004).

I was married for four years, and pretended to be happy; and I had six years of analysis, and pretended to be sane. My husband ran off with his boyfriend, and I had an affair with my analyst, who told me I was the worst lay he'd ever had. -- Faye Dunaway as Diana Christensen in Network (1976).

Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts? -- Myrna Loy as Nora Charles in The Thin Man (1934).

A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they are not dead, really. They're just backing away from life. *Reach* out. Take a *chance*. Get *hurt* even. But play as well as you can. Go team, go! Give me an L. Give me an I. Give me a V. Give me an E. L-I-V-E. LIVE! Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room. -- Ruth Gordon as Maude in Harold and Maude (1971).

Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. -- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in The Big Lebowski (1998).

My Aunt Rose, take my Aunt Rose. Not a beautiful woman at all. She looked like something you'd buy in a live bait store. But, why? She had wisdom. And she used to say, "You can't ride two horses with one behind." So, you see what I'm sayin'? You see, that's my point. -- Woody Allen as Danny Rose in Broadway Danny Rose (1984).

No comments: