22 August 2010

My 500th Post!!!

The above picture is from the Streams of Unconsciousness staff's gala celebration Saturday night that was held in anticipation of this, our 500th post. What started with humble beginnings as a local mom & pop film blog is today one of the most widely ignored blogs in the entire world.

I'm proud to say that we received a tremendous honor recently when named the Number One Film Blog in the Universe by the Finnish American Film Bloggers of Berkeley Association (FAFBBA) an organization, coincidentally of which I am the only member.

Many thanks to the following people without whom none of this would be possible:  First the gents - Sal Paradise, Billy Pilgrim, Jay Gatsby, Atticus Finch, Holden Caulfield, Dean Moriarty, Alexander Portnoy, Randle Patrick McMurphy, Dick Diver, Owen Meany, Paul Baumer, Joe Kavalier, Sammy Klayman, Tom Joad, Bob Cratchit and Jake Barnes. And the ladies - Lady Brett Ashley, Nicole Diver, Betsey Trotwood, Scout Finch, Montana Wildhack, Tess Durbeyfield, Daisy Buchanan, Lolita Haze, Lucie Mannette, Candy Kendall, Madame Bovary and Antonia Shimerda.

I look forward to 500 more, even though you probably don't.

5 comments:

Univarn said...

Major congrats! 500 is always a milestone worth celebrating. In good company as always :P

Ana said...

Congrats!!! I always stop here, but never leave a comment. A pleasure to read this site. Thanks for sharing.

Armen Karaoghlanian said...

I want to ask you a question and I feel like this is the best place to ask you, considering this post is about your blog, in general. I am taking The Gangster Film at the University of Southern California this semester, and we're discussing and analyzing the genre, from top to bottom. I haven't seen many of the films so I'm pretty excited to go through some classics. I was thinking of creating my top ten favorite gangster films after the class ends. So, I was hoping you could prepare your own list, either now or whenever you're free, because you're a pretty good authority when it comes to gangster films. If this sounds like an idea, I'd love to see the list!

Richard Hourula said...

Good idea. I'll post it in the next couple of days.

Armen Karaoghlanian said...

Nice!

If it matters, we'll be watching the following this semester.

Little Caesar
Scarface
Angels with Dirty Faces
White Heat
The Asphalt Jungle
The Big Heat
Le Samourai
Bonnie and Clyde
Point Blank
The Godfather
The Godfather II
The Long Good Friday
Goodfellas
Pulp Fiction

I'm mainly interested to see how you rank your favorites, and which of these you include, and what films outside this list you include. I'm excited.